your ultimate wedding planning timeline!
So you are newly engaged! First off, CONGRATULATIONS! Photographing a lot of newly engaged couples, I can truly say this is one of the most exciting, yet truly stressful times in your life! Being a wedding photographer, I can tell you the number one question I receive is "Do you when I should start doing ***", or "Is it too late to book ***." Earlier I sent out a questionnaire to some of my brides I shot this past year, asking them how they went about planning their wedding day. I was SHOOK when I saw everything that went in to planning their day, and decided to dig deeper to create a time-line to help newly engaged couples navigate planning their wedding.
12+ MONTHS BEFORE WEDDING
- Draft a guest list
- Book a Planner
- Set a Budget
- Find and secure your venue(s)
- plan and finalize your wedding party
9+ Months before wedding
- Registry finalizations
- Find and order your dress
- Book your vendors! ( Photographer, DJ, Catering, etc.)
6-9 months before wedding
- Book the florist
- Order stationary
- Hire an Officiant
- Finalize your bridesmaids dresses
- START PLANNING YOUR HONEYMOON!!
4-6 MONTHS BEFORE WEDDING
- Book your rentals
- Plan out your rehearsal
- Create a reception time-line ( We give out a wedding guideline to all of our wedding clients!)
- Finalize your dress fittings
2-1 month before wedding
- Order gifts for wedding party
- Check in with Venue
- Check in with your vendors
- BREAK IN YOUR SHOES!
WEEK OF WEDDING
- Finalize your vacation days with work
- dedicate a space to store everything you need for your wedding
- pick up any last minute items
the day before
- Finalize your arrangements
- REMEMBER TO HAVE A GREAT TIME.
you did it!
The biggest thing that I've learned since being a wedding/elopement photographer is that on your special day, the most important thing is to be present and really enjoy the moment. It's easy to get carried away with the little details, and everything having to start exactly on time, but in the long run, none of that is important! What IS important is sharing your special day with your loved ones, and starting your new life together with your partner!